Drones are known to some as relatively expensive. Many people even believe that they are an impractical purchase because they are easy to break. While that may be true in some cases, there are plenty of drones for sale that are inexpensive, sturdy, and flexible. One of the most frequently asked questions regarding drones is which ones are the cheapest, and this article answers that question.
Hubsan X4 – Tiny But Mighty
First on the list is the Hubsan X4 (H107L). It’s as cheap as quality drones can go. This small yet durable drone is highly recommended for beginners and kids. In fact, it’s one of the most popular drones for kids available on the market. It is best used for indoor training, and can fly for about 10 minutes with a control distance of about 30 meters. Its lack of a camera is redeemed by its excellent features and flying quality— it can be fast and easy to maneuver (for drone races) or move at a slow and leisurely pace (for practice).
The Hubsan X4 has durable and versatile features:
- For nighttime use, 4 LED lights are attached near the rotor blades. These can be turned on or off anytime.
- Protection covers can be added to shield the rotor blades from impact when falling upside down or colliding with other objects and surfaces.
- For protection underneath, soft pads are located under the drone to increase resistance in unexpected crashes and collisions.
- Hi-tech composite plastic is used to enhance durability and crash resistance.
UTO Drone U960 Hexacopter
Second is the UTO Drone U960 Hexacopter, one of the cheapest hexacopters in the market. It’s a bit more costly than the Hubsan X4 (H107L), but for good reason. This drone includes an HD camera, 6 blades as the name suggests, and a control distance of about 100 meters.
This drone has many likeable features:
- It’s capable of real-time video streaming via wifi, with first person view that works with an app. This can be used for a multitude of work and recreation-related purposes.
- Comes with 6 movable rotor blades to maximize control accuracy.
- It has an adjustable gyroscope, preventing instability and crashes.
- Can do 360 degree rolls for cool camera tricks and effects.
Syma X5C, The Best Of The Best
Last, but not the least is the Syma X5C, which offers the best quality and features despite its cheap pricing. Much like the UTO Drone U960 Hexacopter, it comes with an HD camera. It is considered one of the best drones, and known in the drone community for being “an incredible bargain.”
Here are a few of its several outstanding features:
- 720p HD Camera
- Can withstand wind, suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- 6-axis gyroscope makes it extremely stable
- Comes with a 4GB microSD card for storage
- Every part is made available for replacement
- Made of very durable material (proven and tested)
Keep in mind that these are but a few of the many cheap drones in the market. If you are interested in buying a drone, ample research is recommended to ensure that you are satisfied with your purchase.